There are three types of evidence of workplace competence for NOS units:

1 Direct evidence: Qualification based on an educational level 3 direct assessment of competence against a particular unit (or its exact equivalent), and validated by an independent, qualified NVQ/ Diploma assessor. Common qualifications include an NVQ in Health and Social Care or a Diploma in Adult Care.

2 Complementary evidence: An externally-validated, competence-assessed qualification, providing supportive evidence competence (for example a social work or nursing degree).

3 Workplace assessment: An internal assessment of competence against the unit concerned, carried out by a person’s line manager/supervisor.

What do I do if I have a qualification which is not recognised as evidence of competence?

Only qualifications which have been recognised by the Assessment Board will be accepted as evidence of competence in support of an application for certification.

If you have a qualification which you believe should be recognised, you should first apply for registration for Drug and Alcohol Professional Certification and then submit details for the Assessment Board to review. If your submission for review is accepted by the Assessment Board and you then meet the requirements for cccredited status, your certification will be upgraded.